Pages

Wednesday 29 September 2010

I hope your not getting bored...


People keep saying that they really enjoy the blog and to keep updating it so here you go... I hope you're not getting bored though.
Today was a lovely day - we got up about 9:00 ish and had breakfast and then went for a walk along the coast to another beach about 1K away. On the way there we heard howler monkeys and went to find them in the woods (they sound like dogs barking), they were in the trees right above us but we couldn't see them because of all the foliage - Sam was reeeeally excited. As it's the wet season here there are sudden downpours, they don't last very long but you get soaked, but then the sun comes out again and you dry off in minutes. As we sheltered from the rain in a wooded area we found a massive iguana sat on a branch. It wasn't afraid of us and just sat there looking at us. When the rain stopped we walked back down to the beach and Sam got his flip flops stuck in the mud - it was like sinking sand and he had to stick his hand into the mud to pull them back out, he then managed to get himself, Will and me covered in mud too.
As we walked back along the beach we looked in the rock pools trying to find an octopus for tea, without much success.
When we got back we did some school work (and Sam had a little tantrum - probably necessary as he is a know- it- all and we need to be more patient with him when he gets things wrong. We now have an agreement that he will concentrate really hard and we will try not to get cross).
This afternoon we walked to the big supermarket out of town to get some supplies. It was a bit of a culture shock to be in an air conditioned super market full of people with money, and the funniest thing is it was only like an Aldi. Sam is good at budgeting now and so we wandered round checking the prices of everything and getting the best deals and then came home and had pasta, with steak, aubergine and cream sauce mmmm... this will shortly be followed with fresh water melon mmmmmmm (one problem with our kitchen is we only have a gas burner, no oven and not even a toaster!). We are not sure where we are heading next - probably down the Costa Rican coast or if it keeps on raining we might go to Ecuador.

5 comments:

  1. Ruth! I realy look forward to your blog and I am not bored at all. As I have said before your writing has an urgency to it which makes even the less exciting periods which you experience sound quite exciting to us. Please keep it up. How is the 1500 words a day going? Don't give up on that either. Iknow how difficult it can sometimes be to discipline yourself in the task, but the art of writing is the art of aplying the seat of your pants to the seat of the chair. Write anything, even if it is crap - don't worry too much about that. The good stuff will force its way through. The important thing is to do what you set yourself each day, in your case 1500 words.
    Love you loads
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying it too!

    Captain Hairy- Really has two 'L's and a space between I and know, this will not do at all!
    I love reading mum and dads comments too and I have stopped randomly crying every time I read them now!

    Love
    Jess

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comment for my pedantic daughter(s).
    Thanks for pointing out that realy has 2 l's. You are quite right of course but I happen to prefer the word spelled with only the one. One day when you have each written your novel(s)you will understand how good it is to receive back your edited manuscript with all the errors duly corrected. The more the better for me! So I shall continue mis-spelling (does it have 2 s's?)the word just to give my editor something to carp about and earn his bread. Realy Jess! Your comment does take the biskit!

    Love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog and look every day and am disappointed when it hasn't been updated....hahah, please don't feel you have to update daily!!...I was just saying! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe my "fat app" photo shows on here!!! hahaha, I haven't let myself go that much since you left!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete